Monday, September 6, 2010

Sleepovers in Holland

Today I cycled from Wijchen - with a slight diversion to take bridges instead of ferries - to Hattem, just south of the city of Zwolle, and I'm again staying with friends. It was a beautiful day - sunny, with strong winds but from the east so not directly in my face for most of the day. The start of the route was through the Dutch river-countryside which is very nice and green - I started cycling along the river Maas and then crossed both the Waal and the Rijn rivers. Next was a part through the largest natural park in the country, the Hoge Veluwe, which meant cycling through the woods. Very pleasant. Tomorrow I'll head home - chances are I'll encounter my first rain showers of the trip on the last stage! Once reunited with my own laptop I'll also make work of downloading the rest of the pictures and trip details. Best, DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment